10.08.2007

October 8, 2007

I saw my doctor today and got the results from the tests that were run last week. I have actually seen her a few times since the last timeI posted, but I just haven't had time to update. Here's everything that's been happening....
  • I still more"contractions" than what the doctor wants to see, but the telltale sign of whether it is pre-term labor or Braxton-Hicks (false labor) is cervical change. She doesn't want to check that too often because just checking can stir up more contractions... so I have another ultrasound within this week.
  • My iron is low (31 and they want it between 36-42) so I am dealing with anemia and get to take lots of extra iron. I told Darren that I need to go to Black Angus for steak more often too!
  • The test for gestational diabetes came back with great results...I got a 60 and normal is all the way up to 130. I am so glad that I don't have to prick my finger and test my blood sugars 3 times a day this pregnancy! Maybe this will be a normal size baby too...
  • Noah is still breech....there is still time for him to flip before he runs out of room so send thoughts of him flipping our way. I am still hoping to avoid a C-section!
  • My due date has somehow moved by 1 day to Dec 29th. The doctor didn't have a good explanation for it, in fact she was a little puzzled by the two dates both being written in my chart.... hmmmm. But I guess it is now Dec 29. We are still looking at two weeks before that, so I'm not complaining!
  • The blood test for spina bifida came back negative... yea!
  • The ultrasound will check placenta placement and see if that pesky blood vessel has gone away too.
  • Last, but not least, we hired a leave replacement long-term sub for me last week! She came and met my students today and spent the day with us. Her father is a pastor for a Deaf congregation so she is a great signer having grown up around Deaf and attending a Deaf church all her life. She has her teaching certification in K-8, but has also had experience with high school. She seems great!

Thanks for all the prayers. I know they are making a difference! Check back in about a week...

No comments: