6.27.2007

6/6/07

well, the half days at work were productive while they lasted. More bleeding last night and we're back on strict bedrest. After a quick check in the OB's office, it is off to another level II ultrasound to get a better look. Aunt Eva drove me to the ultrasound appointment and Darren met us there after work so we had a party in the ultrasound room. I figured that if it was bad news, that I needed all the support that I could get.
The baby is growing great and the hematoma now is two pieces. The mass has gotten a little less dense, but is still involving the same amount of area. The doctor asks, "do you want to know the gender?" We held our breath and he (who didn't know that this wasn't our first child) said, "it's a boy!" It is still too early to be sure, but we laughed and told him that we thought it would be a boy. We got to see the brain, a well developed heart, and arms and legs waving at us. It was very reassuring.

No comments: