6.27.2007

FAQ

Q: Was this an accident?!?
A: No, we have been wanting more children for years :)

Q: Does this really happen to women your age?
A: yes. watch out.

Q: Do you KNOW you'll be ready to retire when this child graduates from high school?
A: That's the plan

Q: Is this a secret?
A: No, we want to give everyone something to talk about :)

Q: Do Rosie's students know?
A: yup!

Q: Do you want a girl?
A: We want a healthy baby

Q: Do you want ANOTHER boy?
A: We want another child in our family; boy or girl

Q: How old are you?!?
A: Rosie is 40, Darren is 46

Q: How old is your youngest?
A: He will be 14 when this baby is born.

Q: How many children DO you have?!?
A: 4 boys. They will be 20, 19, 17 and 14 when this baby is born.

Q: When is the baby due?
A: December 28, 2007 but all the others have been started 2 weeks early, so we'll see...

Q: What the heck is a hematoma?
A: Well, I'm no expert, but here's what I've gathered: When it is in your skin, it is basically called a bruise but when it is internal, it can commonly be called a clot or a hemorrhage. It depends on the medical professional, whether it is actively bleeding or not and the size of the hematoma.

Q: Where is your hematoma?
A: It is intrauterine (in the uterus) and has been below the embryo/fetus. It is currently not affecting the placenta or it's attachment and is not affecting the cervix, which are good things.

Q: What are the chances of problems during delivery from the hematoma?
A: There isn't alot of information out there, but they seem to contribute to preterm labor. It is unclear if the position of the hematoma and whether or not the placenta is affected is a factor. There do not appear to be any other problems during delivery and most hematomas have resolved themselves by then. (you can see the links in "more than you would ever want to know about hematomas" on the right if you want to know more)

Q: How do "the boys" feel about this?
A: They are glad to not hear about fertility and mom's cycle anymore... and they tell us they are looking forward to it. (on the condition that they get to sleep in the garage room and the baby is on the other end of the house)

Q: How is Rosie feeling?
A: Sick, tired and fat! (see picture below)


2 comments:

Seth said...

Well, Seth wants another Boy....

Anonymous said...

Just for the record Rosie, if there are any two people in the world who deserve to have children, it's you and Darren. You are amazing people. I'm sooooooo happy for you. I have tons of little boy clothes, they're coming your way. Congratulations!!! I will pray for you all, daily. I can't wait to tell Danhiel that the "Halloween signing lady" is going to have a new baby. She'll be so excited.
Now, just one word of advise, since I have 4 born in December, celebrate their 1/2 birthdays in July...much easier on the pocket book and you can have the party outside!!
I love you, and I'm so happy for you. (Crying at my desk at work...my customers all think I'm crazy.)